Saturday, March 28, 2009

the Word of Promise Next Generation New Testament Audio Bible review

New Testament Dramatic Audio Bible

Format: MP3

This is the first Audio Bible that I have owned. Glancing at the front cover you can see that there are a lot of talented actors/entertainers/etc used to read the story of the Bible. I must admit that I am not up on the teen scene and didn't recognize some of the readers.

Voice: The readers on this MP3 were easy to listen to and seemed to fit their part fine. I especially enjoyd Max Lucado and his daughter reading the introduction to each of the books. None of the actors were "boring" and they had great voice inflection. At the same time, I wouldn't say that any of the readers were "amazing" (Though Sean Astin is a sure hit as usual).

Presentation: The set comes with three MP3 disks and one "behind the scenes" DVD. I did find it odd that the front of the case was a picture of all of the cast instead of something related to the Bible. Maybe covers are different for audio MP3's as compared to a book that has a more artistic cover. A note that these will not play in most CD players because they are in MP3 format. MP3 was the right way to go though, packing around 50 cd's just is not convienent :-)

Overall: After listening through one of the gospels, 1 Corinthians, and other parts of the disk, I would say this is a job well done. I prefer to read the Bible, but on long car trips, and in medium doses my two children should enjoy this. My 4 year old daughter was listening for the first time today (I played it on my computer) and she seemed to enjoy it.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment