Friday, February 4, 2011

Adventures in BoogaBooga Land DVD Review


Title: Adventures in BoogaBooga Land: Squid Sushi Loses His Marbles

3 Episode DVD

First for the good news: My 6 year old daughter and 3 1/2 year old son said they "liked" the 3 episode DVD of Booga Booga Land.

The bad news far outweighs the good:

- First off the sound volume was a little messed up and I had to turn the volume way up to hear it.
- In all three of the episodes there was no mention of Jesus or God and the Biblical allegories that were promoted and advertised on the front and back of the DVD were very unclear.
-The animation of this DVD was ok, but definitely not of high quality.
-I was also dissapointed that there was no extra dvd content.
-Lastly, the story jumped frantically from subplot to subplot and felt very disconnected.

I had high expectations for this movie because of it's proclaiming to have it's stories so well connected to the parables of Jesus. I just can not recommend this movie based on my viewing. If you asked a child they might say different, but all this film has going for it is some slapstick humor, slightly funny looking animated characters, and some well hidden allegories.

1/5 Stars

(I have received this DVD free as a review copy from Thomas Nelson Publishers)

No comments:

Post a Comment